What is NOTA BENE? Čo je to NOTA BENE? - slovenská verzia
- in latin "PAY ATTENTION"
- Slovak streetpaper which offers a chance for homeless people to help themselves
What is "the streetpaper"?
- newspaper, which helps homeless people, people in poverty and people in emergency of loosing their home
- it is distributed solely by vendors
- vendor buys one copy for 0.7 EUR and sells it for 1.4 EUR, keeping the difference
- there are 100 streetpapers around the world in 40 countries there
How NOTA BENE helps to solve the situation of homeless people?
- NOTA BENE vendor gets a chance to help himself by his own effort
- active participation in solving his situation gives him the feeling of honor and importance
- improves his communication and social abilities
- this way he gets a better chance to find and retain the job
- in daily contact with NOTA BENE buyers he improves his chances to build up the natural social net
- by selling NOTA BENE he gets out of social isolation
- wide community can help concrete people in need by buying the streetpaper
What is it good for?
- selling of NOTA BENE helps people get through the hard life situation
- selling NOTA BENE is prevention of crime
- selling NOTA BENE gives a worthy income to old, ill and handicap people
History of NOTA BENE
- first print in September 2001 in the framework of the project No Borders
- number of vendors in the first week: 2
- number of vendors at the end of the frst month:12
- amounth of sold prints in the first month: 2.700
PODPOR NÁS MESAČNE SUMOU 2 EURO, pošli SMS na 877 v tvare: DMS START NOTABENE
Podporte Nota bene pravidelnou darcovskou sms.
Pošlite na číslo 877 sms
DMS START NOTABENE
Cena DMS je 2 eurá mesačne.